At the request of JACI, we will be re-conducting a talk that was made 2 years ago at JACI.
• Event name: Energy & Engineering Resources Group Biomass Subcommittee Technical Seminar
• Date and Time: 5 June 2015, 14:00 – 18:00 (Reception opens at 13:30~)
• Venue: JACI Conference Room
Speaker: Ms. Rie KUGIMIYA
Chitose Laboratory Corp.; Representative Director, COO
Topic: Biorefinery Engineering Seminar – From the foundation of utilising bioengineering to its practical implementation.
1) Present situation of using biological resources as raw materials in chemical production. 14:00 – 15:00
Along with introducing an overall picture of its global development and commercialisation, we will be discussing the social circumstances with regards to the pursuing of utilising of biological resources as raw materials in energy and chemical production.
2) The basics of utilising bioengineering. 15:00 – 16:00
In consideration of non-acquainted attendees, we will be discussing the basics of a variety of topics including the type of bioengineering technology required to convert biological resources into energy and chemicals, its economic efficiency and the laws for biodiversity conservation in different countries.
3) Technical Exposition. 16:00 – 17:00
Along with introducing various examples of firms in different countries that are aiming for commercialisation, there will also be a discussion on the possible options available with regards to the kinds of target compounds, raw materials, bio-organisms required for conversion, cultivation techniques, breeding techniques, rights protection and the different joint development partners.
Target Audience: Researchers, engineers and any related staff who are working in the field.
Gathering: 17:00 – 18:00